วันเสาร์ที่ 28 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2554

Slurping your soup in Japan

I had to stop eating for a minute and try to capture some of this SLURPLGURGLINGING... a sad, habit taken from China... how the Japanese can be so advanced in so many ways and yet still cling on to this custom of slurping their soup is beyond me. Oh well, at least they don't spit in the street like in some other cultures. I didn't catch any good slurps in this short clip... maybe that's a good thing. The people at the table next to us were making an ungodly racket with all their slurping. When in Rome, do as the Romans.... sorry... I can kneel in the seiza for hours, bathe naked at the onsen, bow repeatedly, eat with chopsticks, drive on the left side of the road, shower and bathe before bed, and all that other great stuff, but I won't slurp while eating. It's just gross to me, and incredibly disrespectful to the people who are trying to eat in peace, and I feel that way despite having lived in Europe, North America and Asia.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjhJnogicQY&hl=en

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น